The Northwest storage onion season continues to wind down. Fresh-run, Texas-grown onions are readily available. California onions will hit the market the week of April 24.
- Idaho/Oregon-grown Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are expected to be available through the week of April 24
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will ship through the end of April
- Although stocks are fading, pricing continues to ease due to increased production in Texas
- Quality is strong in remaining storage stocks
- Texas-grown MFC Red and Yellow Onion supplies are readily available; the season is forecast to run through the end of May
- Mexican onions are readily available and are expected to ship through late April
- Prices for Texas-grown onions have remained steady, but have decreased Mexican crossings
- Limited quantities of MFC Onions are anticipated to become available in the Southern California desert the week of April 24
- Central and Northern California production is slated for early June
- MFC Onion harvesting will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.