The Northwest storage onion season continues to wind down. Fresh-run, Texas-grown stocks are beginning to ramp up. Sufficient supplies of Mexican fresh-run onions are crossing into South Texas.
- Idaho/Oregon-grown MFC Onions are expected to be available through April 15; many suppliers have already depleted storage supplies
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will ship through the end of April
- Although stocks are diminishing, pricing has eased due to increased production in Texas
- Quality continues to be strong
- Texas-grown MFC Red and Yellow Onion supplies are readily available; markets have eased as volume has risen
- Mexican onions are readily available; markets are flat as steady supplies continue to cross into South Texas
- The Southern California desert season is still not expected to get started until the week of April 24, with limited supplies to start
- New Mexican onions will hit the market in early June
- Central and Northern California onions are also slated to become available by early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.