The Northwest storage onion season is winding down. Texas-grown fresh-run onions are available. Sufficient supplies of Mexican fresh-run onions are crossing into South Texas.
- Utah-grown Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions will be depleted by end of next week
- Idaho/Oregon-grown MFC Onions will be available through early April; many suppliers will run out of onions by late March
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will ship through mid-April
- Although yields are diminishing, pricing has eased due to increased stocks in Texas
- Limited quantities of Texas-grown MFC Red and Yellow Onions are available; pricing is elevated
- Mexican onions are readily available; markets are flat as steady supplies are crossing into South Texas
- The Southern California desert season is still not expected to get started until the week of April 24
- New Mexican onions will hit the market in early June
- Central and Northern California onions will also get going by early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.