The Northwest storage onion season is winding down. Texas-grown yellow onions will hit the market this week.
- Utah-grown MFC Onions will be depleted by March 18
- Idaho/Oregon-grown MFC Onions will be available through early April
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will ship through mid-April
- Texas MFC Yellow Onions will begin shipping this Wednesday; red and white onion production will get started next week
- Mexican onions (crossings into South Texas) are readily available
- The Southern California desert season is not expected to get started until the week of April 24
- New Mexican onions will hit the market in early June
- Central and Northern California onions will also get going by early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.