New crop onion harvesting continues in the Northwest; crop size profile remains small.
- Yellow onion sizing continues to be dominated by medium onions; very few super colossals are available
- Super colossal prices are rising
- As super colossal stocks remain tight, demand is shifting to yellow colossal and jumbo sizes; these markets will also inch up
- Large onion supplies may increase once suppliers begin to ship out of storage in October
- Smaller sizes could persist throughout the Northwest season
- From late June through mid-July, the states of Idaho, Oregon, and Washington experienced record high temperatures
- Onions were in the latter stages of the growth process during the heatwave; the heat hindered growth
- Adequate quantities of red onions are available with sizing heavy to mediums; jumbo supplies are sufficient
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.