Markon First Crop Onions are being shipped out of storage from Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. Packer label onions are being shipped out of Colorado.
- Onion quality is excellent; supplies possess solid, globe-like shape, and firm texture
- Expect supplies to remain available in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington through mid-April
- In Utah, stocks will ship through mid-March
- Colorado onions will be available through early March
- A price increase typically develops at this point in the season, as suppliers assess remaining storage stocks; however, demand has been weak due to adverse weather across the country that has kept prices level
- Mexican yellow and white onions are expected to start crossing into south Texas at the end of January
- The Texas season is on track to begin in early March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in late April
- The New Mexico season is forecast to begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.