Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are being shipped out of storage from Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. Supplies are expected to remain available through early April.
- Onion quality continues to be excellent; supplies possess solid, globe-like shape, and firm texture
- Current demand has eased with holiday demand subsiding; however, markets remain firm and stable
- Expect steady pricing for the next few weeks, followed by a gradual increase mid-January, as suppliers assess remaining storage stocks
- Mexican onions are expected to start shipping in early February, while the Texas season is on track to begin in mid-March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in late April
- The New Mexico season is forecast to begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.