Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are being shipped out of storage from Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
- Northwest onion quality is excellent; supplies possess solid, globe-like shape, and firm texture
- Yellow onions have golden, cured skins
- Red onion skins have set nicely with occasional papery layers
- Current demand has eased after the Thanksgiving holiday week; however, markets remain firm
- Expect steady pricing through December followed by an increase after the New Year as suppliers assess remaining volume
- Currently, Mexican onions are expected to start shipping in February, while the Texas domestic season is on track to begin in March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in late April
- The New Mexico season is forecast to begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.