Red and yellow onion harvesting is completed. Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are being shipped out of storage from Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
- MFC Red and Yellow Onion quality is excellent; solid, globe-like shape and firm texture has been reported
- Yellow onions have golden and cured skins
- Red onion skin is setting nicely with a few paper layers
- Yellow onion size is dominated by medium and jumbo sizes; colossal and super colossal supply is adequate
- A significant price gap of $8.00 to $10.00 remains between medium and jumbo sizes
- Yellow medium size onions can be substituted for select No. 2 jumbo yellow onion applications with a strong price advantage
- Red onion supply is dominated by heavy to medium sized onions; jumbo sized onions are available
- Expect steady onion markets and high-quality pack-outs through the holiday season
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.