New crop Markon First Crop (MFC) Onion harvest continues to ramp up in the Northwest and Utah. Onions sheds will be closed on Monday, September 6 in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- Yellow onion sizing continues to be on the smaller side, dominated by medium onions
- Size is slowly beginning to increase
- Colossal supplies are now sufficient
- Super colossals remain tight
- Adequate quantities of red onions are available
- Medium onions are most prevalent
- Jumbos are sufficient
- Onions sheds will not produce orders over the weekend or on Labor Day, Monday, September 6
- Production will be slow on Tuesday, September 7 as sheds will start the week with minimal inventory
- Loading delays may occur
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.