The California and New Mexico summer seasons are beginning to wind down. New crop Northwest supplies will start shipping in a limited manner next week.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms continue to slow production; loading times may be affected, as a result
- Although rain continues to fall, plenty of stocks are available
- Although yellow onion pricing remains elevated, it’s starting to ease
- Red onion markets are inching down due to weakening demand
- The New Mexico season will run through mid-August
- Several growers will begin to deplete supply levels over the next few weeks; others will have onions through mid-August
- Stocks are currently sufficient to meet demand for the rest of the season
- Yellow onion pricing is firm due to strong demand
- Red onion demand is weak; markets have eased
- Washington onions will hit the market in limited numbers next week
- In the Idaho/Oregon region, low volume will start shipping the week of August 8; the majority of suppliers will start the week of August 15
- Utah onions will hit the market in late August
- Colorado production is forecast to get underway by mid-August
- Expect elevated prices through August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.