The Northwest storage onion season will end this week. New crop onions are readily available out of California’s Imperial Valley. Texas-grown supplies are sufficient.
- Red and white onion stocks have been depleted; limited supplies of yellow onions are available, but will be depleted this week
- Internal defects such as translucency, as well as dry and watery scale, will be present
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions will be shipped out of the Imperial Valley through the first week of June
- Once the Imperial Valley season wraps up, onions will transition up to the San Joaquin Valley
- Texas-grown MFC Onions will be available through the end of this week, with limited supply next week
- Next week will be the final week of the Texas onion season
- The season for MFC Onions is on track to open in early June
- New Mexico onions will be shipped into late August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.