Northwest storage onion supplies will wind down over the next few weeks. Abundant supplies of Texas-grown onions are available.
- Idaho/Oregon-grown MFC Onions will ship through April 15
- MFC Washington Onions will be depleted the week of April 18
- Markets have eased as demand has shifted to new crop onions
- Please note that quality has deteriorated in remaining supplies; internal defects such as translucency, as well as dry and watery scale are common
- Texas-grown MFC Red and Yellow Onions are readily available
- The Mexican onion season will wrap up next week
- Markets have eased, but pricing will level off once the Mexican season ends
- Fresh-run onions will have feathery skins and light color/exterior compared to Northwest storage onions
- Imperial Valley onions will hit the market the week of April 25
- The New Mexico season is scheduled to open in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.