Texas-grown Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions will be available by the end of this week. Northwest storage supplies remain on pace to be depleted sooner than normal.
- Texas-grown MFC Yellow Onions will be available to ship Thursday, March 3
- Packer label domestic white onions will also be available
- Red Onions will start the week of March 14
- Idaho/Oregon-grown MFC Onions will ship into April; supply typically runs into May
- Utah-grown MFC Onion stocks will be depleted in early to mid-March (similar to recent years)
- Washington-grown MFC Onions will begin to wind down in early April; supplies ordinarily run through May
- Colorado storage yellow onions will continue to ship through March 11; red and white onions will be depleted this week
- Mexican onions (crossings into South Texas) remain limited; pricing is elevated
- The Tampico growing area received rain this past weekend; rain is forecast for Wednesday, March 2 as well
- The Mexican market is strong, keeping many onions below the border
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.