Northwest storage supplies remain on pace to be depleted sooner than normal. Elevated prices will persist.
- Idaho/Oregon Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions will ship into April; supply typically runs into May
- Utah MFC Onion stocks will be depleted in early to mid-March (similar to recent years)
- Washington MFC Onions will begin to wind down in early April; supplies ordinarily run through May
- Colorado storage onions will be depleted by the end of next week
- Mexican onions (crossings into South Texas) remain limited; pricing is elevated
- Rain is forecast for the Tampico growing area Thursday and Friday of this week
- The Mexican market is strong, keeping many onions below the border
- Texas-grown onions are on track to hit the market the week of March 9
- California/Imperial Valley onions are slated to start shipping mid-April
- The New Mexico season will open in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.