Northwest onion suppliers continue to raise prices in an effort to extend storage stocks. Rain has slowed Mexican onion crossing into South Texas.
- Idaho/Oregon Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions will ship into April; supply typically runs into May
- Utah MFC Onion stocks will be depleted in early to mid-March (similar to recent years)
- Washington MFC Onions will begin to wind down in early April; supplies ordinarily run through May
- Limited quantities of white and yellow Mexican onions are now being shipped out of South Texas; pricing is elevated
- Rain in the Tampico growing region this past weekend limited production; rain is also forecast for this Friday
- Supplies are not expected to begin to ramp up until February
- MFC Texas-grown onions will enter the market in early March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in mid-April
- The New Mexico season will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.