Northwest onion suppliers continue to raise prices in an effort to extend storage stocks. Mexican onions have begun to enter the U.S.
- Northwest Markon First Crop Onions will be available through late April
- Dry scale and translucent layers will become challenges as the end of the season approaches
- Expect elevated prices for the rest of the season
- White and yellow Mexican onions are now being shipped out of South Texas
- As expected, with the Northwest markets currently at all-time highs, Mexican pricing opened at elevated levels
- Red onions are forecast to become available in mid-February; expect low volume
- Texas-grown onions will enter the market in early March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in late April
- The New Mexico season will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.