Onion suppliers continue to raise prices in an effort to extend storage stocks.
- Northwest Markon First Crop Onions will be available through late April
- Dry scale and translucent layers will become challenges as the end of the season approaches
- Expect elevated prices for the rest of the season
- Limited quantities of Mexican onions will start entering the U.S. (into South Texas) next week
- With the Northwest markets at all-time highs, Mexican onion prices are expected to follow suit
- White and yellow onions will enter the U.S. first
- Red onions will be available by mid-February; expect low volume
- Texas-grown onions will enter the market in early March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in late April
- The New Mexico season will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.