Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions continue to ship out of the Northwest. As late season supply concerns persist, suppliers will increase markets to extend storage stocks.
- Northwest MFC Onions will be available through late April
- Dry scale and translucent layers will begin to challenge pack-outs as April approaches
- Expect elevated prices for the rest of the season
- Mexican onions will start entering the U.S. (into South Texas) by late January
- With the Northwest markets at all-time highs, Mexican onion prices are expected to follow suit
- White and yellow onions will enter the U.S. first
- Red onions will be available by mid-February; volume will be low
- Texas-grown onions will enter the market in early March
- California/Imperial Valley onions are estimated to start shipping in late April
- The New Mexico season will begin in early June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.