Blueberry volume continues to decline; markets are rising. Blackberry and raspberry supplies are slowly increasing and should meet demand in September.
- Overall production is increasing in California growing regions
- Insect pressure from recent humidity has caused availability to tighten domestic stocks
- Inclement weather is slowing production in Mexico but it’s expected to improve in the next 7-10 days
- Quality is slowly improving as September nears
- Pacific Northwest harvests are winding down fast
- Prices are rising
- Availability is tightening
- The Michigan season is expected to end over the next one to two weeks; production is finished in New Jersey
- Mexico will start fall crop production next week; expect sufficient supplies in mid-September
- The Peruvian season is expected to begin in early September
- Expect limited stocks and elevated markets over the next two to three weeks
- Watsonville is shipping ample supplies
- Mexican production is expected to increase over the next several weeks
- Expect occasionally overripe fruit in California; yellow tones are being reported in some Mexican berries will exhibit occasional yellow tone
- Ample supplies are good quality are forecast as the industry heads into September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.