Markon First Crop Cantaloupe and Honeydew are limited as the spring desert season winds down; packer label will be substituted as needed until the San Joaquin Valley season starts the week of July 11.
- Cantaloupe prices are inching up as the Arizona/California desert season winds down over the next two weeks
- Size is peaking on 9ct
- 15-count sizes are extremely limited and 12-count are also beginning to tighten up
- California’s San Joaquin Valley cantaloupe season will kick off the week of July 11; expect a better range of sizing and markets to ease at that time
- Flexibility on cantaloupe sizing may be needed through the transition
- Honeydew markets are fairly steady with adequate availability on all sizes at this time
- Markets are poised to rise over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.