Strawberry shipment delays have now gone beyond weather issues, and are now being caused by drug cartel violence in Sinaloa, Mexico.
- Transfers from primary growing regions in Central Mexico to California are delayed due to checkpoints and road closures
- Carriers are experiencing major delays moving product north through the state of Sinaloa
- Shipments crossing into South Texas are not affected at this time
- Suppliers are working on contingency plans to get fruit to California through other routes in Mexico
- Some shippers will be transferring fruit from South Texas this weekend
- Expect these delays to add to ongoing strawberry coverage issues on the West Coast
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.