The San Joaquin Valley, California melon season is coming to an end; expect tight supplies for two weeks.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Cantaloupes and Honeydews are available
- Currently, 95% of the San Joaquin Valley cantaloupe and honeydew crop has been harvested
- The tail end of the crop is dominated by 6- and 8-count honeydews and 9-count cantaloupes; larger sizes will be extremely limited for the next two weeks
- New crop Arizona/California desert supplies will be available the week of October 11
- Prices are poised to rise during the transition south; expect elevated markets until new crop stocks ramp up in mid- to late October
- Quality is good: sunburn and wind scarring are concerns for new crop desert supplies
- Central American volume is expected to hit East Coast markets the week of November 22 and West Coast markets the week of November 29
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.