Central American cantaloupe and honeydew markets remain elevated. Supplies are tight due to limited space available on cargo ships and increased freight costs.
- Imported supplies are shipping out of Guatemala, Honduras, and Costa Rica
- Mexican honeydews are being used as necessary to fill orders
- West Coast supplies remain in a demand-exceeds-supply situation
- East Coast prices are slightly lower as availability is slightly higher
- Overall quality is fair; bruising and over ripened fruit are occasional issues caused by increased travel times
- Expect elevated markets and tight supplies into March
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.