Central American cantaloupe and honeydew melon supplies are limited due to reduced shipments to the West Coast; prices are elevated.
- Imported cantaloupes are shipping out of Guatemala, Honduras, and Costa Rica
- West Coast availability is being hampered by higher freight costs, driving up markets
- Quality is fair in all regions; bruising and overripened fruit are occasional issues being caused by long travel times
- 15-count melons are snug; substituting 12-count fruit is suggested
- Prices are expected to rise this week due to reduced availability
- Imported honeydew orders are shipping from Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Mexico
- West Coast availability is low; higher freight costs are driving up markets
- Overall quality is fair; ground spotting, wind scarring, and bruising are occasional issues due to increased travel times
- Expect higher prices this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.