Guatemalan cantaloupe and honeydew supplies are ample; prices are steady.
- Honeydews are now being harvested out of both Mexico and Guatemala
- Mexican supplies are snug while Guatemalan supplies are plentiful
- The Mexican season is expected to finish up in January before moving offshore until the domestic season begins in early May
- Quality is fair out of both regions; ground spotting, wind scarring, and bruising are occasional issues
- Expect honeydew pricing to increase once transition is complete in mid-January
- Guatemalan cantaloupes are now arriving in Florida and Southern California
- Mexican supplies are being used to fill orders when necessary
- Guatemalan cantaloupe quality is fair; bruising and overripe fruit are occasional issues due to long travel times
- Expect the market to remain steady for the next several weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.