Cantaloupe and honeydew supplies are tightening; Prices will strengthen over the next few weeks. Markon First Crop Cantaloupes and Honeydews are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- The domestic honeydew season has finished; growers in Northern Mexico are moving into their winter fields
- Offshore supplies are expected to start shipping the last week of November
- Mexican quality is fair; ground spotting and wind scarring are occasional issues
- The domestic cantaloupe season will end in the next two weeks
- Mexican supplies will ship through mid-December
- The offshore season has started in a light way with Guatemalan cantaloupe (into Florida); rising ocean freight costs are reducing overall shipments of offshore melons to West Coast ports
- Quality is fair out of all current growing regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.