Cantaloupe and honeydew prices are rising. Demand is strong; supplies are limited.
- Offshore arrivals from Central America into the West Coast are light; Mexico is helping to meet demand
- Limited supplies of Mexican honeydew are crossing into Nogales, Arizona primarily for West Coast markets
- Mexican cantaloupes will not be available for one to two more weeks
- Expect limited availability of cantaloupe and honeydew from the West Coast until the Mexican new crop season ramps up in 7-10 days
- Offshore arrivals from Central America into the East Coast remain steady; demand is strong
- Prices are higher; the crop is dominated by large sizes; small-size fruit is limited
- Offshore stocks will remain on the market through late May
- The Arizona/California domestic cantaloupe season will kick off in early May; honeydew production will start in mid-May
- Expect elevated melon prices on both coasts for the next several weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.