California’s San Joaquin melon season has come to an end. Arizona/California fall desert supplies are now shipping.
- Domestic Markon First Crop Cantaloupes and Honeydews will be available through the week of November 15
- New crop supplies from the Arizona/California desert will increase over the next two weeks
- Quality is good; the crop is dominated by 6- and 8- count honeydews and 12-count cantaloupes
- Favorable weather conditions are expected over the next 7 to 10 days
- Expect elevated markets through October
- Supplies from Guaymas, Mexico will arrive next week
- Expect good quality; supplies will be dominated on 5-count honeydews and 9-count cantaloupes
- Demand for Mexican honeydew will be higher due to lower domestic volume
- Central American offshore supplies will hit markets on the East Coast the week of November 22 and the West Coast on November 29
- Higher prices are expected for the start of the offshore season
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.