Cantaloupe and honeydew production will transition north to Central California during the month of July. Markon First Crop (MFC) Cantaloupe and Honeydew Melons are available.
- The Arizona/California desert is shipping adequate supplies; however, high temperatures (107 F) are slowing harvests
- Production will begin in the Fresno region July 12
- Large sizes are prevalent (nine- and jumbo nine-count fruit)
- Quality is good with occasional ground spotting and netting observed
- Expect slightly higher markets this week
- Arizona/California desert stocks are ample
- The Fresno season will start on July 14
- Quality is fair with some wind scarring and ground discoloration
- Sizes are dominated by jumbo five-count melons); six-count and smaller fruit is snug
- Expect steady markets as crops transition north over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.