The Arizona/California desert domestic melon season has begun; stocks are limited but will increase in the coming weeks.
- A limited supply of Markon First Crop (MFC) California/Arizona Cantaloupe is available; packer label is being substituted as needed
- The domestic Arizona/California desert season continues to ramp up; supplies are limited due to weather related planting delays
- Mexican supplies are expected to finish in the next 10 days
- Sizing is dominated by smaller sizes (12- and 15-count fruit)
- Markets will remain elevated until supplies increase in June
- The domestic Arizona/California desert season will begin in a limited manner this week; Mexican honeydew will continue shipping
- Domestic supplies are limited due to delayed plantings and cool temperatures; demand is currently exceeding supplies
- Sizing is dominated by 5- and 6-count melons
- A limited supply of MFC Honeydew is expected to begin shipping Friday, June 2
- Expect elevated prices to persist through mid-June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.