Increased Guatemalan cantaloupe and honeydew supplies are pushing down markets this week.
- Imported honeydews are now shipping out of Guatemala into Florida and California
- West Coast volume is slightly higher this week; prices have eased
- The size profile is shifting to larger melons (5- and 6-count fruit)
- Mexican supplies remain snug due to cool weather and rain in the Sonoran growing region; quality is good out of both growing regions
- Expect lower markets as stocks increase over the next 10 days
- Imported cantaloupes continue to ship out of Guatemala
- Overall quality is good
- Size is shifting to larger fruit (9- to 12-count melons)
- Prices are slightly lower this week as West Coast shipments increase
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.