Central American melon supplies remain tight; prices are elevated.
- Imported honeydews are now shipping out of Guatemala into Florida and California
- West Coast availability is limited due to higher freight costs
- Shipments are dominated by small-size fruit (eight- and nine-count melons)
- Mexican supplies are tight due to cool weather
- Size is large (five- and six-count fruit)
- Quality is fair with occasional overripened, soft fruit
- Expect continued high markets for the next three to four weeks
- Imported cantaloupes are mainly shipping out of Guatemala
- Overall quality is good; small sizes dominate shipments
- Prices are slightly lower this week and will continue the downward trend over the next month with increased availability
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.