Supplies of 40- through 70-count potatoes are extremely limited in remaining storage stocks from Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. Prices will continue rising.
- 40- and 50- count supplies are currently the tightest
- Demand is now shifting to 60- and 70- count sizes, putting strain on remaining stocks of these sizes
- Size substitutions may be required for order fulfillment
- Many Northwest suppliers have already depleted their storage volume; several others expect to experience a 7- to 14-day supply gap in late July and early August
- The overall shortage has pushed demand toward those growers with any remaining potatoes
- Remaining supplies also exceed demand in other regions such as Colorado, Texas, and Wisconsin
New Crop Norkotahs
- New crop harvesting will begin in early August
- Growers anticipate early harvests to yield predominantly 70- to 90-count sizes
- Size is not expected to increase until late August
- Expect elevated markets to persist until early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.