Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are available. Prices are rising due to tight supplies and quality issues caused by poor weather conditions in Mexico.
- Continual rain in the growing region of Veracruz, Mexico is reducing availability of high-quality fruit
- 25-35% of the crop yield is being culled on arrival into South Texas
- Stylar, oil spots, and scarring caused by wet weather and wind (see attached) have reduced yields
- High-quality supplies will remain limited until weather improves in late September; rain and thunderstorms are typical in Mexico at this time of year
- Growers must limit harvesting time for the safety of their workers
- Quality issues will persist through September
- New crop supplies will be harvested soon; expect lighter color fruit and shorter shelf-life while existing crop continues to ship for four more weeks
- Markets are expected to continue climbing
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.