Lime prices are escalating and projected to reach an all-time high by the month’s end and persist through February.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are limited; packer label will be substituted as necessary
- Hurricane Max made landfall on September 18, greatly reducing Key lime yields; demand has increased for Persian limes in response
- Expect limited Persian lime stocks for the next 30 to 60 days
- The current crop is dominated by small fruit
- Large sizes will become increasingly scarce
- Overall quality is good
- Prices are expected to rise $15-$20 over the next 7 to 10 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.