Lime prices are extremely active due to recent stormy weather. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Limes are available.
- Supplies are tight due rain over the last two weeks in Veracruz, Mexico which slowed harvesting and downgraded quality
- Growers are slowing packing lines to increase grading; suppliers are rerunning fruit in South Texas facilities
- Very large (110-count) and very small (250-count) limes are limited
- Overall quality is average
- Skin breakdown, oil spotting, stylar, and light color fruit are being observed
- Shelf-life is diminished
- Markon recommends increased stock rotation at this time
- Expect higher prices over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.