The lime market is climbing due to fewer South Texas crossings as well as increased demand. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Limes are available.
- The Mexican growing region of Veracruz continues to experience high temperatures (95F) and humidity, reducing overall yields
- Degradation of quality is present due to the age of current crop
- Extra grading is required in most lots
- Skin breakdown, stylar end rot, and yellowing are common issues
- Size is shifting to larger fruit, increasing supplies of 110- to 150-count limes
- Growers are bracing for the August El Nino hurricane season which typically lasts two months; potentially volatile weather and smaller blooms could reduce overall seasonal yields
- Expect elevated prices heading into August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.