The lime market has lost momentum; overall demand is lighter after the fourth of July holiday. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Limes are available.
- The Mexican growing region of Veracruz has experienced extreme heat and humidity, lowering yields
- South Texas crossings are lighter this week
- Quality is average; overall shelf life is diminished
- Extra attention will be required during the grading process to remove skin breakdown and stylar
- Sizing is dominated by 175- through 250-count fruit
- Expect prices to fluctuate through the month of July
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.