Elevated prices persist due to decreased production and diminishing supplies in the main growing region of Veracruz, Mexico. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Limes are sporadic.
- Available supplies remain limited due to reduced production during Holy Week; demand exceeds current supplies
- New crop fruit remains undersized due to recent rains and cool weather in the Veracruz growing region
- Crops are dominated by 200- to 250-count fruit
- No. 2-grade limes remain in short supply
- Quality is very good with occasional oil spotting and scarring being reported during the grading process
- Expecting high markets to continue for the next two weeks (until new crop fruit size increases)
- Markon recommends ample lead time to maximize order fulfillment
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.