Lime pricing is climbing rapidly; demand is exceeding supply out of Veracruz, Mexico. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Limes are sporadic.
- Supplies are limited in the Veracruz growing region
- Recent rains and cool weather have reduced yields and are keeping new crop size small
- Crops remain dominated by 200- to 250-count sizes; due to increased quality, No. 2-grade limes remain in short supply
- Expect higher markets and tight supplies to persist into April; Holy Week will reduce labor and harvesting
- Markon recommends increased lead time to ensure order fulfillment
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.