The lime market continues to ease as weather improves in the main growing region of Veracruz, Mexico. Overall supplies are ample. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are available.
- Veracruz, Mexico experienced several weeks of improved weather following the summer monsoon season in September
- Large sizes (110- to 150-count fruit) remain snug; supplies are dominated by smaller sizes (200- to 250-count limes)
- Quality is improving as new crop sizes up: light colored fruit, stylar, and oil spotting are being culled during the sorting process
- Markon recommends ordering for quick turns to maximize shelf-life
- Expect markets to continue to ease over the next 7-10 days before leveling out
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.