The market continues to tighten this week; prices are high. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are available; packer label will be substituted as necessary.
- Prolonged rain in the primary growing region in Veracruz, Mexico has limited production and lowered yields
- Harvesting delays are causing delayed inbounds and loading in South Texas
- Larger sizes (110-to 175-count sizes) are especially tight but expected to slowly increase as new crop matures; supplies are dominated by smaller sizes (230-to 250-count sizes)
- Quality is average; light color, stylar, and oil spotting are present in most lots
- Markon recommends ordering for quick turns to maximize shelf life
- Pricing will remain elevated for the next 7 to 10 days with additional rain in the forecast
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.