Markets have leveled out this week after several weeks of rising costs and lower yields caused by tropical storms and humidity in the growing region. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are available.
- Mexican supplies remain tight due to inclement weather from recent tropical storms; supplies are slowly increasing
- All sizes are available; 110-to 150-count stocks are limited compared to smaller sizes (200-count and smaller fruit)
- High-quality supplies will remain tight until weather improves in late September; rain and thunderstorms are typical in Mexico this time of year
- Light color, stylar, and oil spotting are being reported by suppliers during the grading process
- Markon recommends ordering for quick turns
- Expect pricing to begin to ease as we get into September, once new crop supplies rise
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.