Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes remain limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- Reduced harvesting later this week due to Mexico’s Holy Week will keep supplies extremely tight through the week following Easter (week of April 18)
- The issue is now being compounded by Texas border crossing delays causing Mexican lime growers to halt harvesting earlier than expected as they cannot get fruit across the border in a timely manner
- The lime market will further tighten as a result; prices are poised to rise
- Medium to large sizes (110- through 200-count limes) are extremely limited
- 230-count limes may be substituted as needed
- Overall quality is good: stylar is occasionally present in some lots
- Lime juice remains sufficient; juice processors are sourcing from all regions as needed to ensure steady supply
- Expect high prices and limited Mexican stocks through April 22
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.