Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes remain limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- The market for large sizes continues to rise
- Medium to large sizes (110- through 200-count limes) are extremely limited
- 230-count limes may be substituted as needed
- Growers are taking advantage of high prices by picking new crop fruit before it has time to grow in size
- Very small sizes (250- and 275-count fruit) are becoming more prevalent
- Prices are slightly lower for these sizes
- Overall quality is good: stylar is occasionally present in some lots
- Lime juice remains sufficient; juice processors are sourcing from all regions as needed to ensure steady supply
- Expect high prices and limited Mexican supplies into early to mid-April
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.