Large-size limes are further tightening; small supplies are increasing. Prices remain extremely high. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- Growers are taking advantage of high prices by picking new crop fruit before it has time to grow in size
- Very small sizes (250- and 275-count fruit) are becoming more prevalent; prices are dropping on these sizes
- Medium to large sizes (110- through 200-count limes) remain in very short supply with slightly higher prices
- Overall quality has improved with new crop limes coming onto the market; stylar is still a concern in some lots
- Lime juice remains sufficient; juice processors are sourcing from all regions as needed to ensure steady supply
- Volatile markets and limited Mexican supplies are expected to last into early to mid-April
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.