Lime prices continue to climb; supplies are very limited. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are available; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- Mexican lime supplies (crossing into Arizona, California, and South Texas) are below normal; yields are approaching a seasonal low in the primary growing region of Veracruz
- Limited supplies of offshore limes are beginning to make their way into the Canadian and U.S. markets
- Stocks from countries such as Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, and Peru will become more prevalent in the coming weeks with Mexican prices soaring
- Quality is fairly good with an increase in choice grade fruit
- Shippers are culling higher percentages of fruit with scarring, skin breakdown, and oil spotting
- Supplies are dominated by 150- and 175- count sizes
- The market is poised to keep rising over the next two weeks and remain elevated through March
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.