Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Limes are available. Hurricane Grace made landfall on the State of Veracruz, Mexico Saturday, August 21, as a Category 3 storm.
- Growers are seeing higher levels of quality issues in their younger fruit, as it matures
- Styler and skin breakdown are being reported; high attention is going into grading
- 150-count and larger fruit is light in color and showing scaring issues
- High-quality supplies are very limited; prices are increasing
- Quality issues will persist through November; expect improvement when new crop supplies arrive in 3 weeks
- Current sizing is dominated by 150- and 175-count sizes
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.