California supplies are tightening due to the current heatwave in California. Prices are up.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Lemons are available
- The Southern California coastal season is winding down
- The Arizona/California desert region will start production at the beginning of October
- Above-normal temperatures have led to quality concerns around mold and softness
- Soft fruit can result in pressure compression and misshapen fruit
- Shelf-life is shorter at this time of the year due to the heat and strong winds in the Southern California coastal region
- California’s San Joaquin Valley fruit is slated to start shipping by the week of October 3
- New crop Mexican lemons are now available in California and South Texas; volume is low
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.